southwest misfits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
southwest misfits

A friendly car forum for all car lovers to meet and chat with new people

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:47 am
Latest topics
» sex golders green
Quick detail on your car EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:14 pm by Guest

» APP Top Website Creator
Quick detail on your car EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:35 am by Guest

» backlink tool backlinks services
Quick detail on your car EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 6:17 am by Guest

» APP Pro Website Software
Quick detail on your car EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:53 am by Guest

» Yo Yickidy Yo!!
Quick detail on your car EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:26 am by cazmo

» alright all
Quick detail on your car EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:40 pm by benny-boy

» spotted leaflets
Quick detail on your car EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 am by 20619d

» Hey :)
Quick detail on your car EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:02 am by Miss-Lovejoy

» Large Pictures
Quick detail on your car EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 3:35 pm by smurphious

Statistics
We have 28 registered users
The newest registered user is josejave

Our users have posted a total of 314 messages in 90 subjects

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quick detail on your car

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quick detail on your car Empty Quick detail on your car Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:36 am

Sam106gti

Sam106gti

This is what I do for a detail.

Wheels

For the wheels, tyres and arches I use APC(all purpose cleaner) diluted 4:1, in a spray bottle.
Quick detail on your car 001

I use two separate brushes, (one is for the alloys and the other is for the tyres and arches)

Spray APC onto alloy, tyre and arch.
Get the first brush and clean the alloy:
Quick detail on your car 003

Then use the second brush to clean the tyre arch:
Quick detail on your car 004
Quick detail on your car 005

Rinse thoroughly.

Wash process

To remove the surface dirt, I foam the car using the Gilmour. If you have a foam lance that attaches to the PW then use that.
I have ran out of snow foam so I have used Megs shampoo.
Put a little bit in the bottom of the Gilmour:
Quick detail on your car 007

Fill it a quarter up:
Quick detail on your car Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 600x800 and weights 42KB.
Quick detail on your car 008

Spray onto car, when the solution has gone the car should be looking like this:
Quick detail on your car 009

While the foam is doing its job, go and fill the buckets up. First bucket is for the Megs shampoo, put a small amount at the bottom:
Quick detail on your car 010

Second bucket is for water(both together)
Quick detail on your car 011

Rinse off the foam. Wash half of the roof, then put the lambs wool mitt in the wash bucket before putting it into the solution bucket and rinse the shampoo from the paint. Repeat this process all around the car. When complete the wash bucket should look like this:
Quick detail on your car 012

Paint prep

Next is to clay the paint work. Nead the clay untill it is easy to fold. (put in a hot container on a cold day)

These pics are from when I clayed the car.

There is no need to dry the car as you can use the water as lube, aswell as speed detailer.
Quick detail on your car 015-3

Spray the lube on the paint and lightly run the clay bar across the paint. After:
Quick detail on your car 016-2

Do this all over the car. In some places there will be tar spots, use AG tar remover for these bits. (no pics)

Wash the car in the same way as before.

Drying

When drying the car, I use a micro fibre cloth. Place on paint then pull it towards you.
Quick detail on your car 017-2

I use about 5/6 micro fibre cloths to do this.
Using seperate ones for;
Top of car.
Around windows and middle of car.
Around the bottom of car.
Bumpers and skits.
Wheels and tyres.

Polishing

You can either do it by hand or by a machine polisher.

Before polishing it is best to clean the paint using a paint cleanser, such as dodo lime prime. Apply it to an applicator pad and rub into paint, buffing off immediately.

By hand

Apply polish onto a terry cloth and work into paint, do a section about 6" by 6" until the polish has broken down. (goes clear) Buff off with a miro fibre cloth, repeat this until all of the car is fully polished.

By machine (UDM-paint correction)

Tape up all plastics, rubber and glass. Or any were that the buffer can touch any thing other than the paint.

When I put the polish on the pad, I put it in a circle then rub it on paint to ensure that there will be no splatter of product.

Set the speed controll to 5/6 and place onto car before turning on. Apply a small amount of pressure and work the polish in, side to side up and down, in an area of 12" by 12" until it breaks down. Buff off with a clean micro fibre cloth. Do this all around the car.

Waxing

To wax I use an applicator pad. Rub into the wax until a light coating is on the pad, place on paint and work it in small circles. Do this around the car and leave for about 10 mins depending on manufactures recommendations. Buff off with a clean micro fibre cloth.

Dressing

I apply dressing to the tyres, bump stips and any other parts that need it.

Tyres

Spray Megs hot tyre shine on to a small sponge, wipe over the tyre until all the tyre is covered. Repeat on all four.

Plastics

Same process as the tyres, but I use AG vynl and rubber care. Ensure that all plastics are treated with this.

I think I have put everything you need to know about doing the outside of car. As i said I will edit this post and put pics where they are needed.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum